Brisbane Jain Sangh (BJS) is pleased to invite you and your family to celebrate the Paryushan Mahaparva 2020, starting from Saturday, 15th August to Saturday 22nd August (Samvantsari) 2020 followed by Swamivatsalya on Sunday 6th September 2020 (May Change due to Covid-19 Situation).
With the blessings of Dev, Guru and Dharma, we are pleased to inform you that Shashan Ratna & Swadhyay Premi Shri Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli) will be conducting online Swadhyay for the Paryushan 2020.
Paryushan 2020 Programme Highlights as below:
- Daily Asthaprakari Pooja
- Morning & Evening Pratikaman.
- Daily Swadhyay (Live broadcast Pravachan)
- Aangi/ Aarti/ Mangal Divo
- Mahavir Janam Vanchan/ Supan Darshan
- Samvantsari Pratikamam
- Chaitya Pariparti & Sangh Swamivatslya
Details as below:
• Asthprakari Pooja:
Based on RSVP received we will send your allocated time. Each family/person have been allocated specific time slot. Each member will have given time and MUST be adhered to. A recorded message will be sent to each members. BJS committee request and expect 100% compliance to maintain discipline, time and support due to Covid-19 situation and number of RSVP. All the members are expected to follow QLD health guidelines for Covid-19.
Morning & Evening Pratikaman:
All venues and timings specified in program details. All evening pratikaman venues are different for Gents & Ladies & Sthankwasi. (please download this attachment)
Daily Swadhyay (Live broadcast Pravachan):
- Afternoon: 1:30pm – 3:00Pm (15th Aug – 22nd Aug)
- Evening: 8:00Pm – 10:00Pm (14th Aug – 21st Aug)
Live Broadcast – Swadhyay (Pravachan): Please click on Link for Swadhyay:
Entry to the live Swadhyay sessions will not be permitted 10 minutes after scheduled time.
(Please download this attachment)
Astha Mangal Aishwarya:
• BJS have drawn based on the RSVP of the Labharthi and same will be communicated for Astha Mangal during Mahavir Janam Vanchan on the 19'th August 2020. Final draw will be done on same day so request all those who have RSVP to arrive by 10:15am.
Supan Moti Mala: BJS have decided based on lucky draw for moti mala during Mahavir Janam Vanchan Day on 19th August 2020. List will be circulated.
Individual Supan will be drawn before the event and all those who have done RSVP to arrive by no later than 10:15am.
Shri Mahavir Swami Bhagwan nu Parnu:Multiple Labharthi being drawn by BJS committee.
Aarti/ Aangi / Mangal Divo:
• Lucky draw was done by BJS committee and same will be communicated to members those Labharthi who have registered their names.
• ONLY 6 Labharthi Family allowed and no one else due to current situation will be allowed during the Aarti and Mangal Divo. Aangi Darshan will be allowed after the Aarti up to 22:00 PM
• During Paryushan, ideally, one shall perform 17 Pratikraman - Morning & evening Pratikraman during the 8 days of Paryushan and morning Pratikraman on Parna day.
• Anyone performing evening Pratikraman must not eat after sunset.
• Anyone performing morning Pratikraman must have stopped eating prior to sunset on previous day.
• During Paryushan, one shall confine meal intake between Navkarshi & Sunset time and avoid eating green vegetables (Jain should not eat root vegetables).
• Anyone performing any Tapasya (Ekasanu, Biyasanu, Upvas, Aayambil) must drink boiled water and have meals between Porsi & Sunset time only. It is also important to take appropriate pachchakhkhan.
• Please bring your own Katasana and other Pratikraman gears that you might have. We have made arrangements for all those who do not have.
• During Paryushan, Derasar will be open from 7-00 AM and for Pooja as per the schedule circulated. Aarti will start at 18.00 pm daily during Paryushan. (Please check schedule-Except on Samvantsari day it is 19-30 PM)
• Management committee reserves the right to amend any of the above programs, should circumstances change, without advance notice.
• All Sthanakvasi everyday evening pratikaman will be held at 15 Birchley St, Chapel Hill, on the same timing of regular evening pratikaman.
BJS Paryushan 2020 Committee